Spousal Work Permits for Students

If a person comes to Canada to study for a period of time for more then one year in duration, they have the opportunity to apply to have their spouse come to Canada and work on a open work permit while they are attending their education program.

Spousal work permits for Students

Canada is always trying to do the best for reunification of family members from abroad. Once such program is the Spousal open work student permit.

This is given to spouses of a student who is currently in studies in one of the DLI’s available in Canada.

This is authorized for the same length of time that your studies are here in Canada. If you are doing a 3 years study then a 3-year work permit is available to your spouse.

How do you get one?

Well, you must apply online for these permits. The permit is also an open work permit as well which gives you the spouse options in any field of work that will be available to you here. This will

Open chat
Scan the code
GH Immigration SVCS
Hello 👋
How can we help you?