Worker Family visitor visa

As an international foreign worker, you are able to have your family members come to Canada to visit you during you working time here.

Visitor Visas For Your Family

As a Foreign worker, you may invite your spouse, common law partner, children or parents to visit you in Canada.

Citizens of many countries require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also known as a visitor visa or entry visa, to travel to Canada. This page offers tips for supporting family members who require one to apply.

Summary of contents

• Apply for a visitor visa for family

• Tips for an easy application

• Extending a visit

• Further information

Apply for a visitor visa for family Before you leave your home country, your family member(s) may apply for a visitor visa (or an open work permit, in the case of spouses) online or through the Visa Application

Centre (VAC) serving your country of citizenship or legal residence. This can be done at the same time that you are applying for your work permit.

If you are already in Canada and wish to invite your family to join you, you can support their visitor visa applications by sending

Open chat
Scan the code
GH Immigration SVCS
Hello 👋
How can we help you?