British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
British Columbia is the westernmost province of Canada and is the hub of cultural diversity and economic growth. The BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is the immigration pathway for high-demand foreign workers and experienced entrepreneurs to gain permanent residency in the province. It is one of Canada’s PNP programs with two broad streams for workers and graduates – Express Entry BC and Skills Immigration, plus an additional stream for entrepreneurs.
What are the different Immigration Streams under BC PNP?
BC PNP accepts application for provincial nomination under two major immigration streams:
- Skills Immigration (Also include Express Entry BC)
- Entrepreneur Immigration
These streams are also further divided into different categories:
BC PNP’s Skills Immigration is further divided into the following categories:
- Skilled Worker Category: This category is for skilled workers who have received a job offer in a skilled occupation. Applicants are required to have years of work experience in the skilled occupation.
- Healthcare Professional Category: This category allows professionals in the healthcare industry like physicians, nurses, psychiatric nurses or allied health professionals with the job-offer and work experience to apply for provincial nomination.
- International Graduate Category: This category is for international students who have graduated from an eligible Canadian university or college in the past three years. Applicants are required to have a job offer from an eligible employer of the province to apply under this category for the provincial nomination.
- International Post-Graduate Category: This category is for the graduates who have passed from an eligible educational institution of the province with a Master’s or Doctoral degree in the natural, applied or health sciences programs of study
- Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category: Workers in certain entry-level or semi-skilled positions in tourism/hospitality, food processing, or long-haul trucking, or those in entry-level or semi-skilled positions living and working in the Northeast Development Region of British Columbia, may be eligible to apply for a provincial nomination through this BC PNP’s category
Express Entry British Columbia (EEBC)
Like other PNP programs, BC PNP also has an “enhanced” stream that allows the candidates who have applied for Canada PR Visa through the Express Entry program to be selected for provincial nomination. This stream is known as Express Entry British Columbia (EEBC).
Following is the immigration categories that can be processed through EEBC:
- Skilled Worker Category
- Health Care Professional Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Post-Graduate Category
Basics of BC PNP Tech Pilot
BC PNP Tech pilot is for the candidates who have work experience in technological occupations such as Web engineers and designers, Telecommunications carrier managers, Database analyst, etc. To be eligible for this Tech Pilot, an applicant is required to have a full-time job offer from an eligible employer of the province.
The B.C. The technology sector is one of the main engines of economic growth in the province, with employment in technology reaching its highest level ever recorded. The demand for talent in British Columbia’s technology sector is growing faster than the supply.
In order to support these requirements, a pilot program under BC PNP ensures the technology sector to attract and retain talents around the world that it needs to sustain and for the growth in the sector. BC PNP Tech Pilot (Introduced in 2017) assists the employers of the province to address their needs for qualified candidates by providing them a fast-tracked immigration pathway for in-demand skilled workers and international graduates.
Features Of BC PNP Tech Pilot
The BC PNP Tech Pilot key features are based on service, timeliness, prioritization, and engagement in response to the needs of the industry:
- Service: A dedicated BC PNP concierge for tech employers provides tailored information and navigation assistance of immigration programs and processes.
- Timeliness: Weekly invitations to apply are issued to qualified skilled tech workers, minimizing the wait for employers and their prospective employees.
- Prioritization: Tech applications are prioritized during processing to meet the sector’s fast-paced demands.
- Engagement: Continuous support to tech sector employers through proactive engagement activities and participation in key industry events.
Note: BC PNP Tech Pilot is not a separate immigration category under BC PNP. Applicants just have to apply under any existing immigration streams and ensure they meet the minimum requirements of the stream.