Student Spouse visitor Visa

A student who is in Canada also has the option of having their spouse and children visit while they are attending an education program within Canada.

Student Spouse Visitor Visa

Visitor visas for your family

As an international student, you may invite your spouse, common law partner, children or parents to visit you in Canada.

Citizens of many countries require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also known as a visitor visa or entry visa, to travel to Canada. This page offers tips for supporting family members who require one to apply.

Summary of contents

• Apply for a visitor visa for family

• Tips for an easy application

• Extending a visit

• Further information

Apply for a visitor